If you are looking for a position within the field of medical billing in Michigan, you've come to the right place. All listings appear for TWO months, or until the position has been filled. Be sure to notify the MMBA office once the position has been filled, or if you wish to remove the posting early.
Questions about posting a job listing?
Current Job Postings
Compliance Coding Specialist
Ann Arbor, MI
- 1 - 3 years of experience required Point of contact for IHA offices for proper coding procedures and workflow for existing medical services
- Provides support for the development and maintenance of IHA coding and billing standards and IHA fees. Surgery experience required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Researches and provides written processes for correct coding.
- Provides training for IHA staff and physicians on ICD 10 coding standards and procedures.
- Works closely with IHA's Compliance Team to maintain coding standards and procedures in alignment with regulatory and payer requirements.
- Ability to analyze RBRVU data in correlation to IHA's fee schedule; ability to effectively navigate through NextGen and other relevant practice management systems specifically with respect to understanding billing and office procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Creates a positive, professional, service-oriented work environment by supporting the IHA CARES mission and core values statement.
- Must be able to work effectively as a member of the Compliance team.
- Successfully completes IHA's "The Customer" training and adheres to IHA's standard of promptly providing a high level of service and respect to internal or external customers.
- Maintains knowledge of and complies with IHA standards, policies and procedures, including IHA's Employee Handbook.
- Maintains general knowledge of IHA office services and in the use of all relevant office equipment, computer, and manual systems.
- Serves as a role model, by demonstrating exceptional ability and willingness to take on new and additional responsibilities. Embraces new ideas and respect cultural differences.
- Uses resources efficiently. MEASURED BY: Performance that meets or exceeds IHA CARES Values expectation as outlined in IHA Performance Review document, relative to position.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. CREDENTIALS/LICENSURE:
- CPC or certification from AHIMA required.
- 2 years of experience coding and medical record auditing.
- Previous experience with surgery required, primary care and multi-specialty care preferred, other relevant experience would include provider relations or customer service representative work with a health care insurance organization.
- Claims payment and data management experience is highly desirable.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS (ABILITIES & SKILLS):
- Demonstrated understanding and/or hands-on experience with office processes, procedures and workflows.
- Substantial knowledge of managed care and insurance practices, insurance claims and billing process, fee schedules and pricing.
- Maintains working knowledge of federal, state, and insurance company regulations and contract requirements affecting compliance in a healthcare setting; compliance plan and auditing standards.
- Proficiency in multi-tasking and meeting sensitive deadlines in a fast-paced environment with a personal commitment to producing the highest quality work and providing extraordinary customer service; demonstrated ability to effectively follow through on assigned projects.
- Proficient in operating a standard desktop and Windows-based computer system, including but not limited to, Microsoft Word and Excel, intranet and computer navigation. Ability to use other software as required while performing the essential functions of the job including EPM and EHR systems.
- Excellent communication skills in both written and verbal forms, including proper phone etiquette.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team-oriented environment; courteous, professional and friendly demeanor.
- Ability to work effectively with various levels of organizational members.
- Good organizational and time management skills to effectively juggle multiple priorities and time constraints in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to maintain any organizational information in a confidential manner.
- Successful completion of IHA competency-based program within introductory and training period.
- Ability to work overtime hours as scheduled.
MINIMUM PHYSICAL EXPECTATIONS:
- Physical activity that often requires keyboarding, filing and phone work.
- Physical activity that often requires extensive time working on a computer and sitting.
- Physical activity that sometimes requires walking, bending, stooping, reaching, and/or twisting.
- Physical activity that sometimes requires lifting, pushing and/or pulling under 30 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, depth perception, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust and focus.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment.
- Must hear and speak well enough to conduct business over the telephone or face to face for long periods of time in English.
MINIMUM ENVIRONMENTAL EXPECTATIONS: This job operates between working in a typical office environment which involves frequent interruptions and interaction with people which can be stressful at times.
Business Health Solutions / Michigan Urgent Care & Occupational Health
Michigan Urgent Care & Occupational Health is seeking a Medical Biller.
Job Description - Medical Biller responsible for the timely submission of technical or professional medical claims to insurance companies.
- Review patient bills for accuracy, completeness, and obtain any missing information
- Prepare, review, and transmit claims using billing software, including electronic and paper claim processing
- Knowledge of insurance guidelines, including HMO/PPO, Medicare and State Medicaid.
- Follow up on unpaid claims within standard billing cycle time frame
- Check each insurance payment for accuracy and compliance with contract discount
- Call insurance companies regarding any discrepancy in payments, if necessary
- Identify and bill secondary or tertiary insurances
- All accounts are to be reviewed for insurance or patient follow-up
- Research and appeal denied claims
- Answer all patient or insurance telephone inquiries pertaining to assigned accounts
- Set up patient payment plans and work collection accounts
- Update billing software with rate changes
- Updates cash spreadsheet, runs collection reports
Education and Experience:
- Required Associates Degree, Business Administrator or equivalent; or the combination of education and work experience that enables the performance of all aspects of the position is required.
- Workers compensation and occupational medicine experience a plus
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of HMO/PPO, Medicare, Medicaid, and other payer requirements and systems
- Use of computer systems, software, 10 key calculator
- Effective Communication abilities for phone contacts with insurance payers to resolve issues
- Customer Service skills for interacting with patients regarding medical claims and payments, including communicating with patients and family members of diverse ages and backgrounds
- Able to work in a team environment
- Problem-solving skills to research and resolve discrepancies, denials, appeals, collections
- Knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping procedures
- Knowledge of medical terminology, likely to be encounter in medical claims.
- Full-time benefits - Medical, prescription, dental, vision, life, disability and a flexible spending account
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
- Paid holidays and vacation time
To apply, fax resume and cover letter to 734-237-5406 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Pediatric Consultants of Troy
We are seeking an experienced Medical Biller to become a part of our team! Pediatric Consultants of Troy is a very busy pediatric office with two locations. Open 7 days a week. Hours will be Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday from 8:30am - 5:00pm at the Troy location. Compensation will be based on experience.
***Only serious Applicants Apply - no agencies or temp services.
- Create claims for submission to insurance companies
- Follow up on unpaid claims with insurance companies
- Must have 2 years of billing experience
- Strong internet skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- EMR knowledge a must - Athena knowledge a plus
To apply, email detailed resume and references to email@example.com attention Annette.
The Coder works in direct support of all clinical programs, ensuring professional physician services are properly coded prior to billing.
- Review patient documents for proper CPT-4-CM, ICD-10 code assignments
- Quality Reporting Measures such as PQRS and HEDIS
- Review records to ensure all required information is present for billing, reimbursement, and regulatory compliance purposes
- Communicate effectively with providers to ensure documentation supports reported codes
- Report documentation and compliance concerns to Lead Coder and Business Services Manager
- Serves as a resource regarding insurance resolutions and coding questions
- Meet coding production expectations
- Participate in data collection, abstraction, and other reporting
Required Education and Experience:
- Medical coding certification: RHIT, AAPC, or AHIMA
- Extensive knowledge of CPT, HCPCS, and ICD-10-CM code assignment
- Working knowledge of Electronic Health Record and Computer proficiency
- Experience coding for professional services
- Medical billing experience, but not required
- Multi-specialty clinic setting preferred
- Epic System EHR experience
Please submit all applications online at https://careers-cmich.icims.com
Billing and Reimbursement Coordinator
Metro Health - University of Michigan Health
The Billing and Reimbursement Coordinator serves as a leader in the billing area, and manages accounts receivable. This person serves as the department’s technical expert in his/her specialty area.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Associates degree in accounting or business administration highly desired.
- Previous work experience of one to two years of health care setting is strongly preferred.
- Certified Revenue Cycle Representative a plus.
- Must possess the technical and professional skills required in medical or hospital billing, including insurance verification and benefit determination, medical terminology as it relates to billing and understanding of the reimbursement cycle.
- Must be proficient with computer functions, including ability to use automated systems for third party billing and insurance follow up.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under tight deadlines, with interruptions and high work volume.
- Must possess thorough knowledge of HIPAA requirements regarding all job functions.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple requests and projects simultaneously.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for Accounts Receivable for areas assigned, maintaining standards as set by director.
- Develops and maintains a body of skills and knowledge on hospital billing and reimbursement.
- Disseminates and/or trains staff on information
- Maintains knowledge of compliance regulation, standards and directives regarding governmental/regulatory agencies and/or third party payers.
- Responsible to maintain quality in billing and follow up for optimum performance in tracking and collecting reimbursement on accounts. Participates in interdepartmental projects including provider onboarding, practice and provider education, coding review and other special projects.
Reviews claims daily, for accuracy and necessary attachments, utilizing electronic billing software.
- Identifies underpayments specific to contract language and working with contracting department.
Maintains daily work queues according to payer requirements, including, late charges/credits, multiple visits in one day, 3-day rule, changes in insurance coverage, claim errors, payer denials and insurance follow up.
- Performs quality reviews and analysis to support internal controls and monitor employee performance.
- Provides staff training, coaching, support, issue identification, assessment, resolution and keeping the director apprised of the progress. Responsible for input in recruitment and corrective action decisions as well as performance evaluations.
- Responsible for oversight of daily operations within the assigned department. Meets quality and productivity standards established by management. May need to work additional hours (evenings/weekends) to achieve team goals. Provides coverage and support for other teams.
- Highest Education Level Required: High School/GED or Equivalent Required Licenses and Certifications
- CPC - Certified Professional Coder
Grand Valley Medical Specialists PLC
Grand Rapids, MI
Grand Valley Medical Specialists PLC is seeking a certified coder.
- Review Charges to Post
- Keep updated on CPT & ICD-10 codes
- Educate Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistant and Staff on coding and documentation requirements within Allscripts E.H.R.
- 15 Providers
- 1 Physician Assistant
- 4 Nurse Practitioners
- Speciality: Internal Medicine, Family Practice, Pediatrics
- Certified Professional Coder
To apply, send cover letter and resume attention Wendy Klunder at firstname.lastname@example.org
Brighton Dermatology is looking for an experienced full time billing support person. Competitive wages and benefits. Must be willing to submit to background check.
- A/R Management for Commercial and Medicare Insurance
- Priority Authorizations for Vein Procedures
- Credentialing/CAQH Database Maintenance
- Payment Posting
- BCN Referral Coordinator
- Refund Checks Processing
- Responsible for working Patient A/R including collections
- Other business office duties as needed.
To apply, send resume to Attention Office Manager Mary Sue at email@example.com
Medical Biller Collections
Grand Rapids, MI
Hope Network has permanent, full-time openings in Grand Rapids, MI for an experienced Medical Biller.
This role will require a working knowledge and experience billing Auto, BCBS, Commercial Insurance, Medicaid, Workers compensation, Private Payers, and third party insurance companies and Community Mental Health Payers.
- Regular and predictable attendance is an essential requirement of this position.
- Bill Services, review explanations of benefits from insurance companies, and follow up on all unpaid balances.
- Write up account adjustments for approval
- Review overpayments and refunds accordingly
- Maintain a collection age status log
- Maintain a working knowledge of computerized billing program
- Produce month end statements and claims
- Ensure proper documentation is sent with each claim
- Produce end of month financial reports
- Utilize specific knowledge regarding billing and reimbursement guidelines and procedures to organize the billing office for maximum efficiencies
- Assure that computer system procedures including, but not limited to, end of day reconciliations and report printing are complete
- Works all outstanding accounts over 60 days old for collectability
- Mail collection letters to guardians, provide follow-up to site/home managers regarding funds and collection status of money owed
- Post Payments, refunds, and adjustments for funding sources assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- Bachelor's degree in a related field; Business, Finance is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in both written and verbal form
- Demonstrated ability to use word processing, spreadsheet and computerized billing programs including Word/Excel
- Data entry skills equivalent to typing skills at 40 words per minute
- Familiarity with other office equipment such as calculators, fax and photocopying equipment
- Demonstrated organizational skills, attention to detail
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize work on a daily basis
- 2-4 years current prior work experience in a medical billing and/or account position
- Experience in collections, accounts receivable, data processing and total business office procedures
- Demonstrated knowledge of medical billing and reimbursement
- Demonstrated knowledge in the accounts receivable monitoring process ( aging of accounts 0-30, 30-60, 60-90 days.)
- Ability to interact effectively with individuals, employees, referral sources, vendors and other designated individuals.
- Ability to travel to other Hope Network sites when needed and requested; valid Michigan driver's license with acceptable driving record